A word from the U3A President
Welcome everyone and Happy New Year to you all. We hope 2022 is a much more productive year for U3A Corangamite!
This is my final message to you as President as I am stepping down from this position but I am remaining as a member of the Committee. Please seriously consider joining our committee. It is very rewarding to see so many happy people enjoying what we’ve been able to put together.
As you go through this very informative newsletter you will find a great deal of important information. Please enjoy what we have planned. Remember however we are still under COVID Rules and have to strictly monitor every activity. Please, if after enrolling, you are not well, let the contact person know and do not attend. Each leader will have a contact tracing sheet for COVID rules.
- Thank you to the Committee who have been very busy preparing for this year. Well done folks.
- Thank you to Colin Hayman who has audited our finance books. Much appreciated Colin.
- Under the current COVID rules we will be abiding by the social distancing, sanitisation, number limits and contact tracing recording.
- We will be issuing a new 2022 membership card this year. If you have not yet completed a 2022 Membership Form it can be downloaded from the U3A Corangamite website. We still have around 30 members who have not completed the form and sent it back along with their proof of full vaccination. We must have every member up to date. Please also check your medical cards in your lanyards as some of the information there may have changed. If you need a new medical card, please let us know. Importantly, wear your lanyard to every activity you attend. If you have friends wishing to join the cost is only $20 this year.
- Sponsors: the Cobden/Camperdown Community Bank and Hello World Camperdown will continue with us in 2022. Please consider using their services, particularly after a tough 2021 for them. We will carry their ad in each newsletter.
- The format for enrolling in activities in 2022 will be the same as for 2021, viz. online or by mail (see below). You may also hand your choices sheet to a committee member.
- Remember to keep a copy of what you have chosen and transfer details to your diaries, calendars etc. Have a great year with us and please let us know if we can help in any way, if you have any queries and if you have any suggestions for activities. Stay well, busy and safe.