After the Premier’s recent End of Lockdown press conferences, our Committee has made the following decisions.
- All programs/classes will be cancelled for the rest of the year.
- Your 2020 membership and payment will be rolled over to 2021. You will however have to complete a new membership form for 2021. This will be forwarded to you at a later date.
- We are investigating the format, venue, date and restrictions for our AGM normally held at the end of January. The way Covid restrictions are for indoor events makes it difficult to hold our normal day as it is.
- We are investigating various venues for activities in 2021 as some of our 2020 venues are not Covid appropriate at this stage.
- Our committee will continue to meet in October, November and December where planning for 2021 will be undertaken. We are always looking for program/leader ideas so please help us out.
These decisions have been made as the health and welfare of every member is first and foremost. We will continue to provide a fortnightly newsletter for you so please send in a contribution so others can see what you are doing.
If outdoor restrictions continue and indeed free up even more, we hope to hold end of the year picnics, with Covid rules, in 4 towns – Terang, Camperdown, Cobden and Timboon. These will be in late November or early December. If they go ahead it will be a chance for you to hopefully catch up and say good bye to 2020. Watch this space!
The Shire has been in touch with us about how the Covid 19 pandemic has affected our organisation. We indicated everything we’ve done including the suspending of classes, the fortnightly newsletter and our Zoom committee meetings. They agreed with us that we need to be as positive as possible coming out of our lockdown and so they have a section on their website called “Connect Across Corangamite”. You can find it in the Community section. Please have a look and enjoy their ideas. Please stay well, busy and safe.